In the battle with the coronavirus epidemic, now King Shah Rukh Khan of Bollywood has also extended a helping hand. He has announced help through his company, Red Chillies Entertainment, Red Chillies VFX, IPL cricket team Kolkata Knight Riders and his Mir Foundation.
Whilst we stay safe at home,many r working for our safety & fending for themselves. Here’s our little contribution to ensure their health & well being! Separate but together,we will overcome! @iamsrk @PMOIndia @narendramodi @OfficeofUT @AUThackeray @MamataOfficial @ArvindKejriwal pic.twitter.com/7MI2KT7770
— Red Chillies Entertainment (@RedChilliesEnt) April 2, 2020Advertisement
The account of how and where Shah Rukh Khan will help has been shared through the Twitter handle of Red Chillies Entertainment. A two-page statement has been issued on this, in which complete information about the contribution is given in a sequential manner. According to this statement, King Khan and his companies will work for help in Mumbai, Delhi, and Kolkata.
In these times it’s imp to make everyone around u working tirelessly for u.. not related to u.. perhaps even unknown to u… to feel they are not alone and by themselves. Let’s just make sure we all do our little bit to look after each other. India and all Indians are One Family. https://t.co/LWz4wQGaPe
— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) April 2, 2020
Shah Rukh Khan retweeted Red Chillies Entertainment’s tweet, writing, “This is the time, at this time it is important that people who are working hard for you around you. Not connected to you, maybe even unknown to you. Are. Let those people realize that they are not alone. Let us all do a little bit for each other. India and all Indians are one family.”
Shah Rukh Khan wrote in his statement, “After the night, the new day will come, the day will not change, the date will change.”
With this, Shah Rukh prayed for everyone and for everyone’s families and requested people to pray for him. He also appealed to the people to do social distancing in their own special way. He wrote, “And please, for a few days, physically, a little far, and far, and far, and far.”
How will King Khan help, read here …
1. Kolkata Knight Riders, an IPL team co-owned by Shah Rukh Khan, Gauri Khan, Juhi Chawla Mehta, and Jai Mehta, has pledged to donate the undisclosed amount to the PM-Cares fund.
2. Red Chillies Entertainment owned by Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan has committed to contribute to the Maharashtra Chief Minister Relief Fund.
3. The Mir Foundation and Kolkata Knight Riders will work together with the Government of West Bengal and Maharashtra and will provide 50,000 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
4. The Mir Foundation, together with The Earth Foundation, will provide food to over 5,500 families in Mumbai for at least a month. A kitchen has also been started which will send 2,000 fresh food packets daily to homes and hospitals.
5. The Mir Foundation, along with the Roti Foundation, will feed the destitute and daily wage workers facing hardships caused by the Coronavirus. They will arrange 30000 food packets so that 10,000 people can be given daily food for about a month.
6. The Mir Foundation, in association with the Working People’s Charter, will provide essential items and rations for at least one month to the 2,500 daily wage laborers identified in Delhi.
7. The Mir Foundation will provide a one-month stipend to more than 100 Acid Attack Survivors in Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Bihar, West Bengal, and Uttarakhand to meet their basic needs.
In this statement, Shah Rukh Khan has said that this is a beginning and all the members of the company are committed to this kind of work even further. We will do our best to fulfill the need that will be needed in the whole of India.
Let us tell you that before Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgan and Rohit Shetty have announced a contribution of Rs 51-51 lakhs. Apart from them, many other stars have also come forward to help in this difficult time. Salman Khan has recently asked for bank account numbers of 25000 workers from FWICE so that they can send money directly to their account. Apart from this, Akshay Kumar has donated 25 crores to PM Cares Fund. Many Bollywood stars have contributed to different institutions even without stating the amount. Karthik Aryan and Vicky Kaushal have announced the help of one crore rupees.
Mehedi Hassan, a resident of Kolkata, is the Chief Seo Expert and the Founder of “Daily Xpress News”. As a human being, Mehedi Hassan likes to be honestly biased. He is very passionate to learn about tech, loves to write about entertainment news. For the readers, he is working hard on each and every content about daily news around the World. He brings his passion for technology wherever he goes.